By Jean-Pierre Despres, Vincenzo Di Marzo
This the world over popular writer crew offers a distinct and thorough research and distillation of the endocannabinoid method and its dating to belly weight problems, diabetes, and heart problems. The endocannabinoid procedure (ECS) performs an incredible position in cardiometabolic chance, in addition to modulating strength stability, feeding habit, hepatic lipogenesis, and maybe glucose homeostasis. proof means that the ECS is overactive in human weight problems and dyslipidemia. severe to the administration of cardiometabolic threat, this new, well timed booklet presents useful overviews and administration tips on many vital issues, together with: belly weight problems and the metabolic syndrome the endocannabinoid approach and effort stability: capabilities and dysfunctions stomach weight problems, the EC method, and cardiometabolic possibility
Read or Download Abdominal Obesity and the Endocannabinoid System: From Basic Aspects to Clinical Management of Related Cardiometabolic Risk PDF
Similar endocrinology & metabolism books
Articular cartilage is a special and hugely really good avascular connective tissue within which the provision of oxygen and glucose is considerably below synovial fluid and plasma. Glucose is a necessary resource of strength in the course of embryonic development and fetal improvement and is key for mesenchymal phone differentiation, chondrogenesis and skeletal morphogenesis.
The popular one-stop advisor to the complete box of medical endocrinology and its medical underpinnings – now in complete colour 270+ full-color photos and illustrations! A Doody's center name for 2011! four big name DOODY'S evaluation! "This is a wonderful evaluation of the elemental body structure and scientific features of endocrinology for trainees.
Iodine is a necessary micronutrient and an fundamental portion of the thyroid hormones, that are required for regular development and improvement. The iodine deficiency issues (IDD) surround a spectrum of difficult wellbeing and fitness results together with goiter, cretinism, hypothyroidism, progress retardation, and elevated being pregnant loss and youngster mortality.
- Juvenile Diabetes - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- An atlas of obesity and weight control
- Carbohydrate Metabolism
- Thyroid Hormones: Biosynthesis, Physiological Effects, and Mechanisms of Action
- Cytopathology of Liver, Biliary Tract, Kidney and Adrenal Gland
- Minimally Invasive Therapies for Endocrine Neck Diseases
Additional resources for Abdominal Obesity and the Endocannabinoid System: From Basic Aspects to Clinical Management of Related Cardiometabolic Risk
INTERACTION OF FATTY LIVER AND VISCERAL OBESITY WITH DYSLIPIDEMIA The different components of dyslipidemia correlate with measures of visceral fat like waist/hip ratio, waist circumference, and the quantitated intra-abdominal fat volume by using MRI or CT. Similarly, individual lipid abnormalities correlate with different measures of insulin resistance, such as glucose disposal rate, fasting insulin concentration, or the homeostasis model assessment (HOMA) index. Substantial number of studies have reported that the components of dyslipidemia correlate with the liver fat (1,3,20).
Bloomgarden Zt. Second World Congress on the insulin resistance syndrome: Hypertension, cardiovascular disease, and treatment approaches. Diabetes Care 2005; 28:2073–2080. 26. Sharma Am, Chetty Vt. Obesity, hypertension and insulin resistance. Acta Diabetol 2005;42 (Suppl. 1):S3–S8. 27. Zeng G, Quon Mj. Insulin-stimulated production of nitric oxide is inhibited by Wortmannin. Direct measurement in vascular endothelial cells. J Clin Invest 1996; 98:894–898. 28. Lin Mw, Hwu Cm, Huang Yh, et al. Directly measured insulin resistance and the assessment of clustered cardiovascular risks in hypertension.
58. Sjostrom Cd, Peltonen M, Wedel H, et al. Differentiated long-term effects of intentional weight loss on diabetes and hypertension. Hypertension 2000; 36:20–25. 59. Drolet B, Simard C, Poirier P. Impact of weight-loss medications on the cardiovascular system: Focus on current and future anti-obesity drugs. Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 2007; 7:273–288. 4 Visceral Adiposity, Liver Fat, and Atherogenic Dyslipidemia Marja-Riitta Taskinen Department of Medicine, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland Martin Adiels and Jan Bor´en Wallenberg Laboratory, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, G¨oteborg, Sweden The dramatic increase of obesity worldwide is the driving force behind the pandemic of the metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, and consequently for the new rise of cardiovascular disease (CVD) morbidity and mortality.
Abdominal Obesity and the Endocannabinoid System: From Basic Aspects to Clinical Management of Related Cardiometabolic Risk by Jean-Pierre Despres, Vincenzo Di Marzo